Building capacity to advance National adaptation process in Mongolia
Conduct research and make improvements on climate information system
2020.08 - 2021.06
The Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) and UNEP has been implementing “Building capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan Process in Mongolia” project since August 2019. The objective of the NAP project is to strengthen the institutional and technical capacity of Mongolia’s government at both national and local level to advance the process to formulate and enhance long-term implementation of NAP as aligned with the national development policy and program.
The project aims to include climate change impact and vulnerability assessment results to the climate information system, establish all project related systems without overlaps and institutionalize climate information system (CIS).
- Report and diagram of CIS which included CC impact and vulnerability assessment. This should include following contents:
- International best practices
- Current situation in Mongolia (data sharing, policy arrangement, institutional rules etc.)
- Impact and vulnerability assessment method
- Optimal structure of the system
- Report and diagram of relationship and data flow between project related systems;
- Recommendation on policy and institutional rules etc. for CIS;
- Handbook and video content about CIS for public awareness raising;
- Related meeting minutes;
- Doctor’s degree in meteorology, water or climate science;
- At least 20 years of work experience in above mentioned sectors;
- Has experience conducting climate change impact and vulnerability assessment;
- Has knowledge on current Mongolian climate service;
- Proficient in both English and Mongolian;
- Highly skilled in preparing reports;
- Skilled in preparing handbooks or articles;
Submission of materials (Both English and Mongolian language)
- Expression of interest;
- CV with two list of referees;
- Copy of diplomas;
All supporting documents mentioned above must be part of the detailed CV and submitted as one document in a single sealed envelope with date and signature on it. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
The evaluation process is subject to United Nations Procurement rules. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and a successful candidate will be notified.
Application on bilingual /English and Mongolian/ forms are requested to be submitted in one sealed envelope to the following address before 16:00 on 7th August 2020.
Address: 303, Margad Center, Oyutnii street, 8th khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
E-Mail: [email protected]